The Umdasch Group can look back on 145 years of corporate history. The company is solely owned by Hilde Umdasch and her brother Alfred Umdasch.Mathilde Hopferwieser, granddaughter of the company’s founder, marries Ing. Josef Umdasch. The latter takes over as managing director of the firm in 1939. The company moves to the east of the town of Amstetten and a new factory is built.Specialisation in the business areas Umdasch Laden-Einrichtungen (Shopfitting) and formwork technology (Doka).
Umdasch Shop-Concept becomes UMDASCH Shopfitting and the core brands UMDASCH Shopfitting and ASSMANN Ladenbau are subsequently merged to form the common brand UMDASCH Shopfitting.Umdasch AG purchases Assmann Ladenbau Leibnitz, the Austrian market leader in food shopfitting. With its core brands Umdasch Shop-Concept and Assmann Ladenbau the Umdasch Shopfitting Group now covers all sectors.